*reporting live from Aruba, aloe rum punch in hand*
After finishing a ridiculously delicious French-fusion dinner at the Screaming Eagle restaurant tonight, I rolled myself back to the Aruba Marriott to catch Scandal in my hotel room. Thankfully, I only missed the first few minutes. A few observations:
- Kerry Washington is really delivering a believable performance with Olivia Pope, even convincing me that Millie, President Fitz’s wife, who promised to “blow him away” if he kept seeing her, didn’t slap O’ on sight in that waiting room. If you were Millie, complete with raging pregnancy hormones, how long would you wait to stomp O’s neck? Honestly? Even if you did kick off the whole ruination of your marriage by sleeping with that toe-fetish porn star during a season one flashback?
- The flashbacks were good, and they explain quite a bit concerning Quinn’s mysterious connection to Olivia and the rest of those in the smokey back room. I know O saves Quinn after the wildly rich vote-stealing Southern man kills the seven people in California but I still don’t see the total thread between O and Quinn. Just me?
- When Olivia tells Fitz she doesn’t want to be his Sally Hemings … and he says she’s playing the race card. LOL! First, that line was deep because people who object to Washington’s character, often cite that she is a jezebel dressed up in modern day Prada. Not a fully developed character but rather a vehicle for a white male’s affection. This is pretty much how many historians view former President Thomas Jefferson’s relationship with his slave and longtime mistress Sally Hemings. And despite the romantic movies Americans have made about the two’s dealings, according to the New York Times, TJ didn’t even love Sally enough to free her after he died — just their children. So, I see Olivia’s point. I wouldn’t want to be anyone’s Sally either, that shit is so 1862.
- Cyrus, Millie and Olivia will team up like Voltron and squash that bootsy vice president. She seems like an ice queen and this will not end well for her.
- WHY HUCK, WHY?
Thoughts, ladies and the gents who love us?
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015