In 2012, I was lucky enough to meet and hear the boombastic voice of New York City’s Ms. Bridget Kelly. Initially, I saw her Bridget perform at S.O.B.’s concert hall in Manhattan and listened as she was able to pierce through the random crowd noise with her rendition of Frank Ocean‘s “Thinking Bout You.” Then I caught her at the 2012 ESSENCE Music Festival, and now, Kelly’s delivered her long-awaited video for her new single, “Special Delivery” which is a great winter ballad, especially if your boo isn’t acting right. Don’t quit him on Twitter, channel your vintage vibes and write him a letter, detailing why you have to move on and delete all of your social networking connections. Instagraming with your ex? That’s so 2012.
Check out the “Special Delivery” video below and watch Bridget’s interview with me, Parlour editor Hillary Crosley on my BET.com show, After Hours, where stars come to chill. Turns out Ms. Kelly is a huge New York Giants football fan, so we drank tea, shared Jay-Z and Beyoncé stories and screamed at the television. What’s not to like?
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015