Name: Hillary Crosley
City/Country: Brooklyn, NY & Bay Area, CA
Occupation: Journalist. Host & Producer. Editorial Director & Publisher, ParlourMagazine
Website/Links: Hillary Crosley + Parlour Magazine
Passport Stamps: England, France, Argentina, Barbados, Aruba, Jamaica, Greece, Spain and New Jersey to name a few…
1. My best travel memory so far: I have a few but swimming in the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Greece when I was 20 years old was pretty boss. I hate cold weather and water but that sea felt like a warm bath and I could see to the bottom as fish and giant turtles swam around my feet.
2. Favorite Hotel & Why: The Chamberlain Hotel in Los Angeles, it’s decked out in chevron and has an old Hollywood feel. My room had a sunken living room and a sexy fireplace. I was impressed, and comfortable.
3. My Must-haves on Any Flight Are: My Marc Jacobs USA Tote — I took it to a dry cleaners and had them line it with tougher material and travel-friendly pockets. It’s my favorite because it’s roomy and fits all of my travel junk, which includes noise-cancellation headphones, blanket, journal, one book, British Vogue or US Elle, Inc. magazines and healthy portable snacks, like Trader Joe’s trail mix with toffee or Fuji apples. Plus, I always hear ‘Nice bag’ while I’m out.
4. When I’m On The Road, I Absolutely Hate: That silent fart assassin on a plane. Please don’t be that person, go to the bathroom and handle your business. It’s not like the outdoors, I can’t run away.
5. My Dream Destination or Vacation: Cliffs Preserve in Patagonia, Chile. It’s an eco-resort started by a couple of hippies and it is right on the water. This might be the one time I could deal with the cold, the resort has hot tubs built-in along the shoreline! Yo, I’m in.
6. The Three Things I Can’t Travel Without: Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner, Dial bar soap, Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream. Shannon gave me the BB cream and I’m officially addicted. Damn her.
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers today to firstname.lastname@example.org—if we like them we will post on here on Parlour!