If there is one thing frequent flyers can agree on, it is that music makes all the difference when in the air, on the road or in the streets. With that in mind, we bring you our newest travel style feature: Music 2 Fly To. We’ve polled a few of our fellow road warriors for their personal travel soundtracks and will be bringing their crafted playslists to you weekly. If you are on Spotify, you can listen to each playlist at your leisure, or check out our master Music 2 Fly To playlist for your next journey. For the first round, we hooked up with one of our favorite New York City culture makers, Derreck “Dee Phunk” Johnson — check out his theme music below:
Dee Phunk (better known to his parents and siblings as Derreck Johnson) is an NYC-based, full-time graphic designer / web producer. When he’s not staring at Photoshop for hours, he divides his time as one of the partners of event production crew Rare Form Promotions (creators of NYC’s annual J Dilla tribute, Donuts are Forever) and the sole proprietor of the music/culture blog, Trees for Breakfast.
Got tunes? Send your Music 2 Fly To playlist today to email@example.com — if we like it, we will post your tunes on Parlour!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Travel Bites: LGBT Loving Locales, Embracing Strangers & More! - September 17th, 2016
- The Travel Seven: Bianca Malata - September 17th, 2016
- A Tour of Morocco's Magic - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Silk Road Eats, Vacation Home Tips & more! - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Ecuador Needs The Love, Avoiding Vacay Gains & More! - August 7th, 2016