If there is one thing frequent flyers can agree on, it is that music makes all the difference when in the air, on the road or in the streets. With that in mind, we bring you our newest travel style feature: Music 2 Fly To. We’ve polled a few of our fellow road warriors for their personal travel soundtracks and will be bringing their crafted playslists to you weekly. If you are on Spotify, you can listen to each playlist at your leisure, or check out our master Music 2 Fly To playlist for your next journey. For the first round, we hooked up with one of our favorite New York City culture makers, Derreck “Dee Phunk” Johnson — check out his theme music below:
Dee Phunk (better known to his parents and siblings as Derreck Johnson) is an NYC-based, full-time graphic designer / web producer. When he’s not staring at Photoshop for hours, he divides his time as one of the partners of event production crew Rare Form Promotions (creators of NYC’s annual J Dilla tribute, Donuts are Forever) and the sole proprietor of the music/culture blog, Trees for Breakfast.
Got tunes? Send your Music 2 Fly To playlist today to firstname.lastname@example.org — if we like it, we will post your tunes on Parlour!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Kanye Can't Save Chicago and How to Cuddle Abroad - October 24th, 2016
- Travel Seven: Tenicka Boyd - October 12th, 2016