This week in Parlouroids … Janelle Monae covered ESSENCE magazine in an Yves Saint Laurent blouse and vintage Chanel earrings, and while she looks great, we’re wondering how she got the cover. We asked around and word on the street says Ms. Monae will release a new album this summer, but we’ll believe it when we see it. In New York, Melanie Fiona, Jessie Ware and television host Bevy Smith attended Paper magazine’s 16th annual Beautiful People Party. Jay-Z and Beyoncé‘s fifth wedding anniversary trip to Cuba was investigated by two Republicans and Wiz Khalifa snuggles his adorable baby boy Sebestian with Amber Rose and in Los Angeles, Danai “Michonne” Gurira attends the 42 premiere.
In Harlem, Angela Davis, Will Smith, and Jada Pinkett-Smith (who was also one of the producers of the film) attended the premiere of the documentary, Free Angela Davis and All Political Prisoners at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture. In an interview with Latina, Zoe Saldana addressed the criticism of her playing Nina Simone and stated “my priority was Nina, and the love that I feel for this woman, for her music and what she left us. Let’s all give ourselves a chance to watch it and then make a decision.”
Down south, in Florida, Serena Williams posed with her trophy after she won the Sony Tennis Open and President Barack Obama spoke at the Port of Miami. Further down in Barbados, Tyson Beckford showed off his muscles on the beach while he was on vacation.
Last 5 posts by Victoria Johnson
- Charles Ramsey Saves Amanda Berry, Beyoncé Stuns and Kim K Confuses Us: Parlouroids! - May 10th, 2013
- Your Weekend Getaway in … Chicago! - May 8th, 2013
- Kriss Kross' Chris Kelly Dies, Lil Wayne's Failed Emmett Till Apology + J.Cole's Twin Fetish?: Parlouroids - May 3rd, 2013
- Lauryn Hill's Return, Beyonce and Blue Ivy's Cuteness and Remembering Stephen Lawrence: Parlouroids! - April 26th, 2013
- Karen O at Coachella, Kevin Hart Tweets Drunken Arrest and Beyonce's Nipples: Parlouroids! - April 19th, 2013