The sun is out and you should be too! Since we love travelling here at Parlour but don’t all have Jay-Z and Beyoncé‘s budget — we see you out there in Cuba — check out a few staycation and weekend trip ideas for those in the Big Apple, or along the United States’ east coast.
If books are your ultimate escape, imagine what a spot called the Library Hotel can offer. This New York-based hotel has a literary theme complete with books, wood decor, and comfy chairs (rooms at $200/night). If you are looking to really dive into a different world, the Marrakech Hotel may be for you, where you can have a piece of North Africa on the Upper West Side of Manhattan (rooms at $96/night). After unpacking, head out for some grub or a nightcap at 21 Club and enjoy their flourless chocolate cake or go all in with champagne, a three-course dinner, and East Coast oysters (prices range from $15-$50). If you feel like venturing to Brooklyn, another option is Buttermilk Channel for a moment of buttermilk fried chicken and cheddar waffles ($20). Definitely worth it.
If you’re still in Brooklyn, head over to the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) for a film in their indie haven, and grab a drink at one of the quaint bars that line Fulton street. And if it’s sunny, grab a few rotis (a sort of Trinidadian burrito made of chickpeas, spices and your choice of meat) from Ali’s Roti Shop near Fulton and Nostrand, head to Prospect Park to munch in the easy breeze of spring.
Now, start planning and GO OUTSIDE!
Last 5 posts by Victoria Johnson
- Charles Ramsey Saves Amanda Berry, Beyoncé Stuns and Kim K Confuses Us: Parlouroids! - May 10th, 2013
- Your Weekend Getaway in … Chicago! - May 8th, 2013
- Kriss Kross' Chris Kelly Dies, Lil Wayne's Failed Emmett Till Apology + J.Cole's Twin Fetish?: Parlouroids - May 3rd, 2013
- Lauryn Hill's Return, Beyonce and Blue Ivy's Cuteness and Remembering Stephen Lawrence: Parlouroids! - April 26th, 2013
- Karen O at Coachella, Kevin Hart Tweets Drunken Arrest and Beyonce's Nipples: Parlouroids! - April 19th, 2013