Fresh from the opening of its latest hotel property, a snazzy new Best Western International, the Tourism Ministry of Haiti unveiled its first commercial ad since 2010’s devastating earthquake. Aimed at luring would-be Caribbean vacationers to the island, various Haitians speak in Creole (with English subtitles) and invite you to “let yourself go” and discover the “soul of the Caribbean.” One can see how a boost to the tourism economy would impact the island’s overall recovery with an influx of jobs and international currency—but just how much of the new tourism dollars will actually make it to locals? Decide for yourself while watching the spot below:
So, Haiti for New Year’s Eve 2013/2014? It’s on the radar.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016