Fresh from the opening of its latest hotel property, a snazzy new Best Western International, the Tourism Ministry of Haiti unveiled its first commercial ad since 2010’s devastating earthquake. Aimed at luring would-be Caribbean vacationers to the island, various Haitians speak in Creole (with English subtitles) and invite you to “let yourself go” and discover the “soul of the Caribbean.” One can see how a boost to the tourism economy would impact the island’s overall recovery with an influx of jobs and international currency—but just how much of the new tourism dollars will actually make it to locals? Decide for yourself while watching the spot below:
So, Haiti for New Year’s Eve 2013/2014? It’s on the radar.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016