As the self-appointed most honorary citizen of Barbados, Joel Randell has been a part of the extended Parlour family since day one, and one of our ‘go-to’ guys when we are taking off for BIM. So to kick off our My Barbados series, who else to offer some real-talk about visiting the island than one of the island’s finest … and yes, he’s cute too! Find out the next time he’ll be on the island and more below:
My top three Barbados memories are…
1. Attending the Kentucky Derby of the Caribbean, the Sandy Lane Gold Cup, in 2011. The weather was perfect, the crowd was festive, and the Banks and Carib beers were cold.
2. My first cliff jump at Crane Beach. I descended the cliff twice before I got the nerve to do it, and it was the most exhilarating thing I’ve ever done.
3. This beautiful Bajan queen I’d been chasing for a month finally gave in and had dinner with me at Pisces in the Gap on my last night there. Let’s just say the night ended like a fantasy.
As soon as I arrive in Barbados, I must…
Stop at the airport’s duty-free liquor store for bottles of Mount Gay and Malibu. The 750 ml bottles are like $10 each, holla!
To me, best thing about Barbados is…
The friendly people and safety, hands down. Unlike Jamaica and the Dominican Republic, you can walk around freely no matter what the time. And if you need directions or assistance, the locals are happy to help!
When I leave Barbados, I always bring back…
Souvenirs with the official Barbados seal. Wall-hangings, stamps, and especially currency. And they just printed new money so I can’t wait to get my hands on some.
The next time I go to Barbados, I’m definitely…
Vibing with the Parlour crew and their girls over rum punch for the Food Wine & Rum Festival in November—wherever, however!
What’s YOUR Barbados? Do you have a particular memory, tip, or think you can out sexy Joel on the beach? We want to hear it! Send in your My Barbados thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org today and be sure to join us in BIM this year for the Food, Wine, Rum Festival in November!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016