Meet Eddie Griffith, the man truly behind our Barbados Food Wine and Rum trips. As Parlour editor Hillary Crosley’s roommate and friend for ten years, Eddie, a Bajan-American, has been sharing that good West Indian vibe with us for a decade and we love him for it. During the day, he whisks around movie sets making sure stars like Amy Poehler and Mariska Hargitay are in front of the camera, and at night, he makes us laugh with jokes and hilarious stories that could only happen to him. Here are Eddie’s homegrown favorites whenever he goes to his island. God bless Barbados and see you there!
My top three Barbados memories are…
1. Eating my grandmother’s traditional Bajan food, cou-cou with stew chicken.
2. Waking up for J’ouvert morning in St. Michael.
3. Eating one of the best meals I ever had under the moonlight at Brown Sugar restaurant.
As soon as I arrive in Barbados, I must…
Drop my bags and head to Rockley beach to get in that water, followed by a Banks beer and fish cutter.
To me, best thing about Barbados is…
the weather, and the sense of home and my roots I get as soon as I leave the plane.
When I leave Barbados, I always bring back…
Mount Gay Rum, red snapper and flying fish.
The next time I go to Barbados, I’m definitely…
Waking up drinking and Mount Gay rum, in that order.
What’s YOUR Barbados? Do you have a particular memory, tip, or story about Barbados? We want to hear it! Send in your My Barbados thoughts to email@example.com today and be sure to join us in Barbados this year for the Food, Wine, Rum Festival in November! Did you see our hotel hookup?
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Nia Groce - January 16th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016