Most people may know media maven Tasha Stoute as the machine behind some of the biggest artists and brands in urban culture, but she’s a Bajan girl first. For Parlour, she broke down her Barbados from an intimate perspective.
My top three Barbados memories are…
1. Going to the horse races at the Garrison Savannah with my dad and my uncle buying hot salt bread rolls every morning before we would go to the beach.
3. There’s only one television station that plays old episodes of the soap opera “Days of Our Lives.” They are like 10 years behind!
As soon as I arrive in Barbados, I must…
Get some ackees, coconut water, Chefette rotis and a Ju-C.
To me, best thing about Barbados is…
The Beach, the music, the people, the food…EVERYTHING!!!
When I leave Barbados, I always bring back…
Liquor, coconut turnovers, Chefette rotis, and Ju-Cs.
The next time I go to Barbados, I’m definitely…
Staying at a hotel and jumping in a band for Crop Over!
What’s YOUR Barbados? Do you have a particular memory, tip, or story about Barbados? We want to hear it! Send in your My Barbados thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org today and be sure to join us in Barbados this year for the Food, Wine, Rum Festival in November! Did you see our hotel hookup?
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016