Name: Gene Noble
Home City/Country: New York, NY
Occupation: Singer + Songwriter
Website/Links: Gene Noble or Gene Noble SoundCloud
Passport Stamps Include: EU, Japan, China, Australia, Dubai, South Africa, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Thailand, and Israel.
1. My best travel memory so far: Going to a club in Paris and meeting someone who wanted to sing me one of my songs! Also, Jerusalem. I don’t even have words to describe how epic an experience that was!
2. My favorite hotel & why: Here in the ‘states I love Kimpton Hotels. They’re cool boutique hotels with different themes. Hôtel Fouquet’s Barrière in Paris is one of the best hotels I’ve stayed in from the suite to the private butler service, pretty awesome! I tend to like more modern hotels and even if the exterior is more historic looking I definitely look for ultra modern and sexy amenities. Views also can make a or break a hotel stay for me.
3. My must-haves on any flight are: Water, ear plugs, hoodie, Beats headphones, and air freshener.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate: Flight delays and long lines in the airport.
5. My dream destination or vacation is: Brazil!! It’s one of the only places I haven’t been but I’ll be changing that this year.
6. The three things I can’t travel without are: Music, sunglasses and camera.
7. The top lesson(s) I’ve learned while traveling is are:
– Walk outside of your hotel in whatever country you are in and get lost for a while! I’ve had some of my coolest experiences that way!
– We are all more similar than we think.
– The same things that make young people outside of the US copy American culture, are the same things that contribute to older conservatives outside of the US disliking us.
– Racism is worse in America than anywhere else.
– The dollar is NOT the strongest currency! I repeat… The dollar is NOT the strongest currency! Many times you will go to a currency exchange and have to change your plans for the day after!
– The coolest experiences you can have in a country are cheap and/or free.
– Avoid American franchises elsewhere! Experience the food and the culture.
– Being 6′ 3″ sucks in Asian countries, especially when shopping.
– Music is the most universal language
– Most people in countries as developed as ours don’t understand why we can’t get health care and education together.
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers today to email@example.com—if we like them we will post on here on Parlour!