Passport Stamps Include: Belgium, Burkina Faso, Canada, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Germany, Spain, France, United Kingdom, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Italy, Jamaica, Morocco, Monaco, Mali, Malta, Netherlands, Sweden, Singapore, Togo, Thailand, United States, Vatican, U.S. Virgin Islands, and South Africa.
1. My best travel memory so far is… I have so many great travel memories, but the experience that stands out to me the most is my safari in South Africa. It was unlike anything I had ever done before. Spending our days in the bush watching animals in their natural habitat was a truly unforgettable and unique experience. I went on the safari hoping to see at least one giraffe and one elephant, but within the first hour, I saw a herd of zebras, four giraffes and 10 elephants at our lodge. Needless to say, I was thrilled. During the rest of our stay, we saw all kinds of animals, including the king of the jungle, the magnificent lion. When it was time to leave, I felt both sad to go and incredibly grateful for the opportunity.
2. My favorite hotel & why… I love Rockhouse Hotel in Negril, Jamaica. It’s incredibly relaxing and there’s beautiful scenery everywhere you turn. When I went with my sister, we started our mornings doing seaside yoga followed by hours of snorkeling and swimming. They also have a great restaurant that anyone can enjoy. Best of all, the hotel is very reasonably priced considering all of its great amenities.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… Definitely a pashmina or sweater because I’m always cold. I also like to have long socks to walk around in, and I always need either a good book or magazine (or both) as well as my music.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate…When I’m with people who don’t want to get out, explore and try something new.
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… 1) My passport (a given) 2) My camera or iPhone and 3) My curiosity.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… It’s good to plan but don’t over do it! Also, always be ready for the unexpected. It’s part of the experience.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Elisia Brown - July 18th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Ianthia Smith - May 6th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Monet Hambrick - February 19th, 2017
- NYE Heartbreak: How I Reclaimed Myself In New York City - January 29th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Nia Groce - January 16th, 2017