Passport Stamps Include: Mexico, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, France, London, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Mali, Burkina Faso, Ghana with more to come this year!!!
1. My best travel memory so far is… An impromptu trip to Sankt Peter-Ording, Germany while visiting friends in Hamburg. This pleasant seaside town on the North Sea Coast, with its quaint shops and miles of beach and what seemed like never ending daylight hours led to hours upon hours of exploring. It was such a small town feeling and eye opening experience meeting people who had never met an African-American woman in person!
2. My favorite hotel & why… The SkyPlus Hotel in Ho, Ghana. I was working on a project that required quite a bit of travel around Ghana, so when I arrived in Ho late one night, I was referred to SkyPlus as a great place to lay my head. It was so much more than that. Arriving under the cover of darkness hid the breath taking views that this hilltop hotel held. Swimming laps in the crystal blue pool overlooking the city of Ho was surreal. The welcoming and curteous staff, the reasonably priced menu with all local foods, and the quiet serene forest filled backdrop has made SkyPlus one of my favorite hotels.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… An aisle seat, earphones, and reading material.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… Tourists traps. Head off the beaten path and really experience the country you are visiting.
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… My lip balm, Tuareg scarf and my earphones.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… Being open. Traveling is an amazing opportunity to place you outside of your comfort zone and experience the world through the culture of others. Try to speak the language, try the local food, and go beyond the tourists traps, my best travel memories where when I was open minded and spontaneous.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elisia Brown - July 18th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Ianthia Smith - May 6th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Monet Hambrick - February 19th, 2017
- NYE Heartbreak: How I Reclaimed Myself In New York City - January 29th, 2017