Passport Stamps Include: Croatia, Greece, Italy, Colombia, Portugal, Belize, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Canada, Grand Cayman, Haiti, Bahamas, Antigua, St. Maartin, Aruba, Jamaica, St. Thomas and many more! Two of my favorites stateside are Alaska and Hawaii.
1. My best travel memory so far is… Traveling to Alaska last summer. Although the weather was cold and rainy, it didn’t take away from its beauty. I saw whales, bald eagles, majestic landscapes and hiked near the Mendenhall Glacier. I also relived the Klondike Gold Rush with the White Pass & Yukon Route Railway which was a forty-mile train ride climbs from tidewater at Skagway to the Summit of the White Pass, a 2,865 foot rise in elevation.
2. My favorite hotel & why… I love boutique hotels. My favorite hotel is the Z Ocean Hotel in South Beach, Florida. From the moment you walk through the doors, you are greeted with their signature scent and the rooms are beautifully decorated in line with the vibe of South Beach, with jacuzzis on the balconies and rooftops for the penthouse suites. It’s very convenient, about 2-5 min walking to the beach and about 10-15 min walking to Lincoln Road for shopping. And their staff is great.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… My Velodyne Bluetooth headphones, neck pillow, small blanket and my iPad Mini.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… Being stranded on the tarmac for long periods of time.
5. My dream destination or vacation is… I have so many! Fiji and Australia are my top two dream destinations. So I would love to do the 18 day Australia to Hawaii Celebrity Cruise that starts in Sydney and visits Lautoka, Fiji, Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahiti and ends in Honolulu.
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… 1. I have a passion for photography therefore I always bring along my Canon DSLR camera, tripod and a variety of lenses. 2. My Molly Pack. It’s a very stylish fanny pack made with leather. I know you are clutching your pearls, but honestly it’s not the fanny packs from the 80s! It’s cool, chic and come in bold colors. 3. My hair products. They are must have for my natural hair, I can’t go out looking crazy! I’ve managed to keep my hair goods to a minimum but it’s definitely a necessity.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is…When you travel light, you travel far. That includes everything from luggage to travel companions. I don’t enjoy being weighed down nor do I like to adhere to other people’s agendas. Don’t be afraid to travel solo.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Ianthia Smith - May 6th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Monet Hambrick - February 19th, 2017
- NYE Heartbreak: How I Reclaimed Myself In New York City - January 29th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Nia Groce - January 16th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016