Passport Stamps Include: Abu Dhabi, Jamaica, Italy, Greece, South Korea, Bahamas, Thailand, Australia, Fiji, Bali, Taiwan, Aruba, Grand Cayman Island, India, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Hondruas, France, England, South Africa, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Canada, China, Iceland, Ireland, Belize
1. My best travel memory so far is… Being approached by locals in Thailand who wanted to talk to me about where I came from. “Are you from Jamaica or Africa?”, they asked. I smiled, shook my head and told them I wasn’t from either country and that I was indeed American. This was so amusing to them because they considered all Americans to be Caucasian and this allowed me to talk to them and open their minds! It was such a amazing experience to not only teach them something new, but to learn from them as well.
2. My favorite hotel & why… I am a HOSTEL (not a hostel) QUEEN! I stay in hostels for 75% of my travels. The top hostel I have every stayed in was probably in Jeju Island, South Korea.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… A good book! My iPad with downloaded movies and music! Snacks and a blanket!
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… When I have to come back home! I love everything about traveling: meeting new people, trying new foods, and waking up in unfamiliar places.
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… 1. My camera 2. My iPad 3. Having an open mind
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… Life is a blessing. I am blessed to be alive and well and able to travel near and far to see different parts of the world. I never take anything for granted.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elisia Brown - July 18th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Ianthia Smith - May 6th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Monet Hambrick - February 19th, 2017
- NYE Heartbreak: How I Reclaimed Myself In New York City - January 29th, 2017