Passport Stamps Include: France, England, Jamaica, Barbados, Bermuda, Mexico, Aruba, Bahamas, Grenada, Turkey, Fiji..finally hitting Italy soon!
1. My best travel memory so far is… Traveling to Palm Desert with my family for Christmas. It was so bizarre because it was the desert—we were used to snow and cold! And, being the only Black family (we saw) in this super old-school Hollywood, resort town, where the likes of Frank Sinatra would vacation. It was so memorable. It made me rethink what Christmas can be and how important it is to see different parts of the country…and the world.
2. My favorite hotel & why… My favorite hotel is the Matali in Nuevo Vallarta in Riveria Nayarit, Mexico. This place is very exclusive, they only have 42 keys and every room has it’s own pool. They cater to your every need and I love the fact that the hotel is in the mountains so you can see all the way down to the ocean, it’s like you’re in your own world.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… I must carry a huge wrap for layering, airplanes are notoriously cold. I wear shades and always carry hand sanitizer because you know how sick you can get from traveling! Lotion, facial moisturizer, and lip balm are a must-have also due to the dry air.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… I despise when I sit next to chatty people on long flights, even if they’re not talking to me. There’s nothing wrong with a little casual talk but after a while there’s only so much talking I can take. So, I guess that’s what headphones are for!
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… My phone, lip balm, and fuzzy socks.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… The world is not as scary as we think it is. In order to travel you have to trust. Without trust, there is no traveling.