Website/Social: @tenickab / sincerelybrooklyn.com
1. My best travel memory so far is… Going on my first safari at Krueger National Park in South Africa in 2012, I was never really a nature person but the sight of wild life roaming free was incredible. You get up at dusk and head out into the wild for hours looking at animals that are much bigger than you could’ve imagined and have an essence about them that really speaks to you as an inhabitant of this Earth. It’s powerful.
2. My favorite hotel & why… I usually choose an AirBnb. I stayed in Marrakesh at one of the best riad’s in the heart of the square with the loveliest house mother and neighbors. I love staying in neighborhoods, going to local markets so we can get a different perspective on life in a new city and country.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… Long drive times, if it’s over three hours, catch a flight!
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… A great book, my Goyard PM bag that is foldable, carries everything and can double as a personal item if needed and my Canon T3i camera.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… You can be a mom and travel. This concept should be a no-brainer but often times travel, especially to far flung places, is considered an act of leisure not afforded to moms. So many people, especially women, have internalized this notion that you can not travel with your children because it is incredibly expensive and dutifully harder. When I found out for myself that traveling was one of the best lessons I could give my daughter, I’ve never turned back. There’s nothing like seeing Christ the Redeemer in Brazil through the eyes of a five-year-old. I’ve watched my then four-year-old daughter dance on a pier in Cartagena, Colombia, helped her celebrate her ninth birthday in Paris and gotten her custom-made attire crafted in the Middle East. I wouldn’t change these moments for any excuse in the world!
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers here. Once we review and approve we will feature your profile on Parlour. | #travelfly