1. My best travel memory so far is… When we were in Zambia to see Victoria Falls. On our walk to the Zimbabwe side, my son saw that you could bungee jump or zipline across. On our way back to our hostel in Livingstone, he convinced me to do it. He wanted me to do the swing, but we need up doing a tandem zipline across the Zambezi River together. It was amazing to see the river from that angle and I was so proud of him and his bravery. We were really high up and I was terribly afraid of plummeting to my death and being eaten by crocodiles, lol.
2. My favorite hotel & why… The Shangri-la Barr al Jissah in Muscat, Oman. Probably the most expensive hotel I have ever stayed in, but it was a welcomed treat for myself on my way back from my mama’s solo trip to India. There were three pools and it sits right on the Arabian Sea. You can go from sitting in your room to walking maybe 100 yards into the ocean. It was amazing. I don’t think I’ll ever feel as spoiled as I did those couple of days.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… Compression socks, music to fall asleep to on my phone, saline nasal spray (those flights are so dry). Also, Lush’s Lemon Fluffer cuticle cream. I use it as a concentrated hand cream that really helps me get through long flights after washing my hands.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… Forgetting things. I prefer to have everything I need and try to avoid buying overpriced items while away from home. But I always end up forgetting stuff tho!
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… My Nikon D90, my iPhone, and oregano oil. I love eating local foods wherever I am and oregano oil helps my stomach adjust when things don’t exactly work out.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… I’ve learned that travel isn’t always glamorous. It doesn’t always look like the Instagram photos from those you travel envy. It isn’t always comfortable or anything that you expected before you got there. Sometimes it breaks your heart with disappointment. But. Traveling changes you in a way that is immeasurable. It leaves its mark on you and changes your consciousness. Changes your heart, your body even. Whenever I travel, I take something with me, something from that country sticks with me. And if I’m lucky, I get to leave a bit of myself behind.
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers here. Once we review and approve we will feature your profile on Parlour. | #travelfly
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Ianthia Smith - May 6th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Monet Hambrick - February 19th, 2017
- NYE Heartbreak: How I Reclaimed Myself In New York City - January 29th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Nia Groce - January 16th, 2017
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016