1. My best travel memory so far is… In high school I received a scholarship to to participate in Experiment in International Living. I traveled to Botswana for 5 weeks: 2 weeks I was hosted by a family in the Village of Oodi, 1 week we went camping in the Okavango Delta, 1 week we volunteered with Habitat for Humanity, and the last week we spent leisurely making a short trip to South Africa. This trip changed my life and sparked my love of travel.
2. My favorite hotel & why… I’m an Airbnb type of traveler, I love staying in the same area as where the locals live, immersing myself in their cultural and learning about my hosts. My favorite was the home share we stayed in while in Kyoto.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… Laptop, headphones, plenty of snacks and my own meal. I hate airplane food and my kids are greedy!
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… Sitting around and wasting time. I didn’t travel so far to not get out and experience as much as possible so sleeping in or taking hours to decide what I want to do for the day are on my list of no no’s.
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… A camera, an adapter, and an itinerary.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… Traveling with your children enhances everything! When I travel with my kids I notice the little things I otherwise would have easily passed by. Nothing gets past my 2.5yr old and she finds joy in the smallest things which helps me to discover more by taking my time and traveling deeper.
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers here. Once we review and approve we will feature your profile on Parlour. | #travelfly
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- NYE Heartbreak: How I Reclaimed Myself In New York City - January 29th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Nia Groce - January 16th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016