Website/Social: Instagram: @iamianthia
1. My best travel memory so far is… Being at the 2016 Summer Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro! I went there as host of a TV show that airs in my hometown and from the moment we landed, I knew that was about to be a major travel moment. The city pulsated with great vibes, buzzed with activity everyday and my media pass allowed me to get up close and personal with the sports stars like Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps and my fave Justin Gatlin! I’m talking taking selfies together close!
2. My favorite hotel & why… I absolutely loved the Banyan Tree Hotel in Macau, China! The service was exceptional, the rooms were like palaces and that 27th floor view I had from the top was breathtaking. I was there for work and totally regret leaving my robe and slippers my executives had gifted me with. I forgot them when I packed and I’m making it a mission to go back and reclaim my goods! That hotel is to die for!
3. My must-haves on any flight are… Headphones, socks, neck pillow, blanket, SLEEP!
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… People who don’t attempt to speak a word of English and are so unhelpful! Sometimes I run into people who are not here for the tourists and they make it known! I try my hardest to make it easy on them as well by picking up some of their language, but that doesn’t always work.
6. The three things I can’t travel without are…
My Bahamian flag gets packed for every major trip as a sign of allegiance to my hometown and as a shout out to my followers and travel buddies! My Gap denim button down—that shirt has saved my life on many trips. It’s the perfect accessory for the dress up days and dress down nights. And perfect for sudden dips in the weather. And an open mind, I love soaking in cultures and new people, so I always travel with a open heart to eat new foods, try new things, meet new friends and just adjust!
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… Travelling for me is a personal experience. I know that it’s now becoming a lifestyle that more and more people are doing, but you have to tailor those experiences to you. You can’t book flights to places just because someone else has been there. Your travels should reflect you, the place you’re at at any given moment and should be the manifestation of your dreams. Like I always say, “stop putting other people’s goals on your to do list.”
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers here. Once we review and approve we will feature your profile on Parlour. | #travelfly
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Elisia Brown - July 18th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Monet Hambrick - February 19th, 2017
- NYE Heartbreak: How I Reclaimed Myself In New York City - January 29th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Nia Groce - January 16th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016