Website/Social: Instagram: @elisiatraveller
1. My best travel memory so far is… Travelling alone on an overnight sleeper train 20 hours or so across China from Shànghăi to Guìlín. I was lethargic and had a bit of a rough sleep on board (the bunkbeds were on the hard side), but it was all worth it when I finally arrived at my destination. I avoided the scam bus ticket touts and hopped on a local bus to Yángshuò and eventually started seeing mountains and paddy fields on my journey. It was one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever visited on earth.
2. My favorite hotel & why… The Bamboo House Inn in Yángshuò. They offered dirt cheap bike rentals to explore the local town, were airy and roomy and was located very close to the Li river.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… Silk headscarf, a complimentary flight Gin & Tonic, a book/magazine and deeply moisturising face cream.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… Traffic and negative energy.
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… A camera, money and a bottle of water.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… Embrace the unexpected.
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers here. Once we review and approve we will feature your profile on Parlour. | #travelfly
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Ianthia Smith - May 6th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Monet Hambrick - February 19th, 2017
- NYE Heartbreak: How I Reclaimed Myself In New York City - January 29th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Nia Groce - January 16th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016