Website/Social: www.wheresshegoing.com, IG:@wheresshegoing
1. My best travel memory so far is… I have so many great travel memories! Each of them are unique in their own way, but I will say my time in Negril, Jamaica was a major highlight for me. I’ll never forget when my friend and I took a paddle boat from our resort across the Caribbean Sea to a local market. We had a chance to chat with locals glistening with all shades of melanin. With a simple fist pound and a common saying “Respect” from each local we encountered, my friend and I automatically felt fully immersed into the beauty of Jamaican culture.
2. My favorite hotel & why… Alsol Luxury Village (Dominican Republic) is by far my favorite resort I’ve stayed in thus far. The resort is located in Cap Cana, the resort area inside Punta Cana. It’s in the heart of a Marina surrounded by other luxury resorts with a breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea. There’s a variety of restaurants, water sports, outdoor activities, lounges and bars onsite – plenty to do! Also Luxury Village didn’t feel like a typical resort, it mimicked a closed community (village) with vibrant colored buildings and a mini downtown area filled with restaurants and retail stores.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… My head phones to listen to music (especially if it’s a long flight) and a light jacket.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… Complainers! No matter how long your road time is, turn it into a fun travel experience. You can stop in a local city and try a new restaurant while enjoying local food and drinks. Or even take photos to capture the essence of the country you’re visiting. There’s never ending possibilities.
5. My dream destination or vacation is… Morocco! I’ve heard so many great things about this beautiful country and just recently, a few people I know traveled there. The pictures alone are breathtaking. I can only imagine how Morocco looks in person.
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… My hair/skincare products and my smart phone are my must haves! You can snag clothes, shoes and other minor travel necessities no matter where you travel. But there’s nothing like having your trusted hair and skin care brands nestled in your luggage ready for use, along with your smart phone ready to look up local “hot spots” as soon as you get off the plane.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… Travel with an open mind! The best memories are made when traveling without having a plan. Check out local restaurants to learn more about the people and culture instead of staying on the resort. Take the local public transit instead of renting a car. You’ll discover more than what you intended to.
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers here. Once we review and approve we will feature your profile on Parlour. | #travelfly