Website/Social: Peaches Beaches And Urbanistas
1. My best travel memory so far is… My best travel memory is running into a few guys from my high school when I first moved to Thailand. We caught up, hung out, went on amazing excursions, and had a great time… it was so unexpected! One of them told me “if you ever head down to Malaysia, I have a friend in Kuala Lumpur to link you with.” Malaysia is right below Thailand and Kuala Lumpur, its capital city, is a quick & cheap hour long flight from Bangkok. I went to Kuala Lumpur on a visa run, and tried to hook up with my high school friend’s college friend who lived there. Turns out he was leaving to go back to America that day so he put me in touch with his local Malaysian friends. His friends didn’t know me, but they messaged me on Facebook, picked me up from my hostel, and spent the entire weekend bringing me around to their favorite restaurants, clubs & lounges, and hang out spots. They completely spoiled me with their hospitality! They really made a last impact because—a year later—I now live in Kuala Lumpur!
2. My favorite hotel & why… My favorite hotel so far would probably be Pondok Waiyuh Villa in Bali. It was quiet, serene, and tucked away from the city with a gorgeous open view of the expansive jungle. I had a beautiful room with the most comfortable bed, that opened up to the pool that I often had to myself. It was the perfect escape and for less than $30 a night!
3. My must-haves on any flight are… Music downloaded to my iPad and my handy headphones.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… How tiring traveling can be.
5. My dream destination or vacation is… Everywhere!? If I had to only choose one, I’d say Tanzania.
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… A good book, music, and my camera.
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers here. Once we review and approve we will feature your profile on Parlour. | #travelfly