I don’t know about you but I could never get in on the super-dark, vampy nail polish trend. Whenever I’d try it, I’d get flashbacks of “Rebecca,” the goth girl in my middle school who insisted on being called “Ecca, the Angel of Darkness.” She wore spiked chokers and white contact lenses. Scary.
The good thing about trends though is that they change. This spring, the new black is gray, a great neutral hue with a chic, edgy feel. And just like the black lacquers of yester-year transformed over time to incorporate colors like blue and purple, this year’s grays are more than monochromatic.
Try: Rescue Beauty Lounge Concrete Jungle, $18
Try: OPI Moon Over Mumbai, $7
Try: Essie Body Language, $8
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017