In talking to The Daily Telegraph‘s Neil McCormick, Cruz basically sums up today’s urban-pop music formula in one sentence:
“In any industry there are formulas to work with. I don’t always look for the greatest lyrical content, just get to the point, express the feeling in a way the audience can understand.
The melody is like the good looks of the person and the lyrics are the personality. The first time you hear it you get the melody and you’re not really listening to what they are saying.”
I say, he’s going to fit right in if and when he crosses the pond.
Taio Cruz: the public school soul sensation [Telegraph]
Check out his video for his hit, “Come On Girl”:
What do you think? Also, doesn’t he look like Ne-Yo’s cousin?
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017