Last night Estelle, UK darling & aspiring US pop star, took over NYC’s Highline Ballroom in support of her sophomore album, “Shine.” Beginning with “Wait A Minute,” the songstress, draped in a sequined striped cocktail dress laced with feathers (shimmy feathers! – jbaker) along the bottom, rocked the crowd without an opening act. Surprising, but endearing. More photos and a recap after the jump…
On “Magnificent” Kardinal Official popped up, and on “So Much Out The Way,” she brought out Gym Class Hero’s Travis &…Rah Digga. Wow, where’s Digga been since Busta’s “Touch It?” Nice to see folks out. As for Travie & my girls who think he’s a heartthrob? I finally see it, he’s tall & lanky with that “I’m cute & funny” face. I can dig it.
John Legend joined her for “More Than Friends,” “Come Over” & “You Are.” Tight pants were definitely in the house, lol…
“Shine,” Estelle’s first album on Atlantic via John Legend’s Homeschool Records hits stores today. PARLOUR COSIGN.
-dsteel & The Parlour Fam
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016