Is it just because I’m an Aries who doesn’t like being told about herself, or is every woman of color tired of the pundits’ talk during this election cycle? For real, if I have to hear another white cat pontificate about how as a black woman, I “have a tough choice to make” in deciding between the woman and the black man, I’m gonna put a stiletto through my television screen (okay, maybe not for real â€˜cause I need that joint to watch the Pennsylvania primary results come in tonight, but you feel me).
These are not new sentiments, these assertions that women vote based on emotion and non-whites vote out of a perceived sense of kinship, but this is the first time the two have come to the forefront together, intertwined like twin poisonous snakes shoved in a dark sack and blind with rage. (Some trivia for you: Victoria Woodhull was actually the first woman to run for president back in 1872, the same year Frederick Douglass was nominated for the VP spot-he declined to run.)
If you like Kenrya’s perspective, check out her first post here.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017