The popular “Drive-In” is back this year.
The Tribeca Film Festival is upon us! If you are in New York, or close by – we highly suggest you brave the cobblestone streets of lower Manhattan (watch those stilettos) and explore what this year’s festival (121 films) has to offer.
After last year’s expansion plan went awry with increased ticket prices, hard to reach theater locations and tight schedules, Robert De Niro and his crew have adopted a “back to basics” approach to this time around. Closing on May 4, tickets range from $8-$15 and- as alwaysâ€“there are parties galore. Anything that will bring me closer to Robert is always good.
Here are my Parlour picks:
Redbelt [Any movie, play, party Chiwetel Ejiofor will bring me out. Even when he played a drag queen]
The Auteur [Funny porn!]
Elite Squad [This is one of my favorite movies, shot in one of my favorite cities featuring music by Sepultura.]
Gotta Dance [Go Granny! Go Granny!]
Gunnin’ for That #1 Spot [ Basketball + Beastie Boys = Bliss.]
Kassim The Dream
Milosevic on Trial
My Life Inside
Old Man Bebo
A Portrait of Diego: the Revolutionary Gaze
Pray the Devil Back to Hell
Sita Sings the Blues
This Is Not a Robbery [Gangsta Grandpa]
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017