I donâ€™t know about you, but I canâ€™t make it through the day without at least one cup aâ€™ joe. Iâ€™m useless without my caffeine.
Surprise, surprise! The fact that Iâ€™m an avid coffee maker and drinker might be a good thing (see mom, and you thought drinking coffee in middle school would do nothing but stunt my growth!). Dermatologists have found that the caffeine in coffee dehydrates fat cells, tightens pores and exfoliates away dead skin. Some scientists even claim that caffeine applied on the skin may be able to protect against sunburns.
Try these coffee-pumped products the next time you need a pick-me-up:
-For Bodyâ€¦NYAKIO KENYAN COFFEE AND SUGAR BODY SCRUB, $48, nordstrom.com (pictured above)
-For Faceâ€¦TOPIX REPLENIX CREAM, $54 skinstore.com
-For Eyesâ€¦ORIGINS NO PUFFERY, $20, origins.com
Or, take a cue from the estheticians at the Four Seasons Hotel Spa in Costa Rica by applying the grinds directly on troublesome hips and thighs in the shower â€“ the grinds work to increase circulation in minimize cellulite.
More of a tea-drinker? Oolong has itâ€™s beauty benefits, too. Iâ€™ll fill you in next time.
To get more of Mrs. Ayren, our resident beauty expert, click here.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017