Last month, as you may recall, I sold the first condo I ever owned. I’ve been on the road for the last three weeks, staying with friends and invading their space. During this transitional period, I’ve really learned quite a bit about some of my friends. We’ve talked about the things that they love about their homes and the quintessential items they canâ€™t live without. Then, while I was sleeping on my girl’s couch, I thought about what I can’t live without…Here they are:
1) Home Fragrance Oil in Coconut ($7.50) and Oil Droplet Burner ($18.50) from The Body Shop. Itâ€™s calming and made my whole place smell delicious. www.thebodyshop.com
2) Alseda wicker stools ($29.99 each) that I stacked to make low seating in my living room. I rarely sit on the sofa anymore. www.ikea.com
3) My 40-inch Sony Bravia LCD HDTV ($1,199.99) has been my pride and joy for the last year. I thought it was too big for the longest time, but now I think I need a bigger one! www.sony.com
4) The Vera Wang by Serta Bridal Bed ($1,499.99) was my biggest splurge when I moved into my condo. All my previous mattresses were old hand me downs. I wanted to buy something cheap, but the Levitz (RIP) sales associate told me that â€œif you spend your money on anything, it should be quality bedding. You spend half your life on it.â€ Amen. www.serta.com
5) In my bedroom I had a gold crushed velvet Vanity Chair with a skirt. It was something that an elderly neighbor was giving away and itâ€™s a traditional vintage piece. No matter how many times I change the color scheme in my bedroom, the chair is always incorporated. You can find a chair similar to mine at www.horchow.com. Prices vary.
6) Iâ€™ve used Bath Gloves ($8.00) instead of a wash cloth since high school. They come in every color under the sun and are machine washable. www.thebodyshop.com
7) In high school, a friend of mine gave me a Cross Nickel. Itâ€™s a nickel with a die cut cross in the center, it’s supposed to keep Jesus with me wherever I go. Well, fearful of losing it, I kept it on my night stand. Cost-Priceless
What can’t you live without?
If you like Zoeâ€™s tips, check out the rest of her renovation posts here.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017