Ladies, I know that you are fly. If I saw you on the street, I wouldnâ€™t dare recognize you as a slouch. If I came to your house, I would see the same fabulously feminine style that you exude on the way to that afternoon business meeting only translated through your home decor, right?
I mean, I wonâ€™t tell that youâ€™re probably so busy career-climbing that you havenâ€™t unpacked that box sitting in your hallway, hung that picture lying on your coffee table or decorated your kitchen. But between you and me, (shh!) here are a few places you can go to get started.
1) Target: I know you have already discovered Target (pronounced Tar-jay) because they have a great selection of basics including towels, linens, curtains, and area rugs. But they also have a great turnover in â€œseasonal categories.â€ This is a special â€œend capâ€ or section dedicated to a theme, or a particular designer they have partnered with for a time period. For example, in January they have a seasonal section called â€œWorld Bazaarâ€ that started three or four years ago. It features low budget finds from India, Africa, Europe, and China to name a few. It was such a hit, Target now features it every year.
2) Homegoods: Homegoods is the house wares/decorating division of T.J. Maxx. You know when you go into T.J. Maxx and there are plates, cookware, chairs and towels all in one small section? Well imagine an expanded version, itâ€™s awesome. Homegoods is one of my faves because you can get everything from a set of plates, a pair of lamps, an end table, bathroom rug and a vase for the hallway in one store. AND they have premium brands for bargain prices! Find one near you.
3) Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters: I am grouping these two stores together because they are owned by the same parent company. If you like funky finds like orange tumblers, zebra print rugs, glass doorknobs (my fave), and retro picture frames, then these are the stores for you. Anthropologie is more mature and pricier than Urban Outfitters, but you can find spicy pieces in both locations.
If you like Zoeâ€™s tips, check out the rest of her renovation posts here.
image courtesy of apartment therapy
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017