Saunas are good for the skin â€“ they detox, they stimulate circulation, they soothe muscles, they tighten pores. I get it. But at Spa Castle, a five-story/ 60,000 square foot super spa in Queens, N.Y., one sauna just isnâ€™t enough.
This super-facility (recently featured in the NY Times and inspired by traditional Asian spas) brings together seven uniquely themed rooms â€“ including a salt sauna room lined with pure blocks of salt from the Himalayas and a gold room filled with solid gold plates known to comfort sore limbs.
Iâ€™m still up in the air about this place. Itâ€™s a little too theme-parky for my tastes (read: lines, wristbands, and strangers in swimsuits). For a beauty junkie like me, though, there is something very intriguing about this odd spa.
If anyone goes, tell me what you think.
To get more of Mrs. Ayren, our resident beauty expert, click here.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017