Not if their dye job is mediocre. If you’re thinking of lightening things up for summer, go for it! But, follow these general rules to pick the best hue for you.
Rule No. 1: If you have yellow undertones, deep golds are NOT the answer. Everything else is an option.
Rule No. 2: If you have pink or red undertones, steer clear of strawberry shades. Everything else is an option.
Rule No. 3: Short hair looks better with full color.
Rule No. 4: Medium-to-long hair looks better with highlights.
Rule No. 5: If you’re dying your hair yourself with a box kit, it’s best to go no more than two shades lighter than your current color.
If you like Mrs. Ayrens beauty tips, check out the rest of her posts here.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017