” I feel wonderful, and I think thatâ€™s the key. This is the best life Iâ€™ve ever had. I canâ€™t get over it. “
– Jill Scott, being interviewed on the eve of her Carnegie Hall show on June 20th. Read it here.
One of our ParlourMaids was at Jill Scott’s Carnegie Hall performance over the weekend in New York City, where she announced her engagement! Apparently, after the 2nd or 3rd encore, her boo-to-be and drummer Jon Roberts aka Lil’ Jon presented her with a bouqet of flowers and they kissed…then told the audience their good news to an applause. She then gave the audience another encore which our Parlour girl says “gave me goosebumps.” After a painful semi-public divorce, reflected on her last album, The Real Thing Words & Sounds Vol. 3, we extend to her the very best of luck and love. And from what friends tell us, Lil’ Jon is one of the most talented and geniune guys in the biz. Congratulations Jill & Jon!
ps. Jill, we LOVE the new haircut…can we see it more often?
-The Parlour Fam
while we are in the “exclusive” mood today…check out our recent exclusive interview with Common.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017