There are some songs that sound so great when you’ve had a little too much tequila and are dancing on a table with your favorite party-girl GF, in the middle of your favorite seedy nightclub, while wearing your favorite pair of jeans. But when the sun peeks its way under your eyelids the next morning and you have to rush out the door and off to the j-o-b the same tunes sound like torture (LCD Soundsystem’s “Time to Get Away” is a perfect example for me at least).
This is my prediction for the latest Bloc Party single “Mercury”, but I need the ladies to weigh in on it. The things that I find most annoying about the song before 11PMâ€”like the constant shouting repetitionâ€”are also the things that I L-O-V-E about it after midnight. I just feel sorta sorry for the poor hung-over 21-year-olds folding shirts at French Connection who will no doubt have to listen to this song like 20 times a day, anticipating their nightly frolic in the LES. Check out the video of monkeys that resemble bad Halloween costumes performing intricate surgeries in a tiny tree house in the middle of the forest. Yeah, it’s weird, but cool, but weird…
Peep the video after the jump. And please, weigh in.
Last 5 posts by Bobbi
- Best of '09: SEX DRIVE! Sex Sells Duh!!! - December 21st, 2009
- News Bites: Khloe and Lamar on Chelsea Lately; No Power share for Honduras; Your Body has Lots of Bacteria; Gordon Brown Tells Karzai to End Corruption; Usher & Tameka are Done - November 6th, 2009
- Happy Birthday Anna Wintour; Republicans Win NJ and Virginia Gov; Bloomberg's Third Term; Karza Pledges to End Corruption; Uncertainty for Flight of the Concords - November 4th, 2009
- News Bites: Cali Talks of Legalizing It; Hugowood is flopping; LIl' Wayne's new MixTape; UN employees killed; W Mag Layoffs - October 28th, 2009
- News Bites: Gordon Voidwell; Airplane Misses it's Airport; BNP Leader: "London has been Ethnically Cleansed"; Timid Tigers are Cute; Pay Cuts for Bank Execs. - October 23rd, 2009