Gotta love Japan! While us girls here in the states in across the pond in Europe have to wait for the looks we love on the runway to appear in stores, our Japanese sistren have us beatâ€”again. Last week, the 7th edition of TGC, or Tokyo Girls Collection popped off. So, what is it that makes TGC so great? Blend Fashion Week with H&M-like brands and prices and the ability to buy the clothes you like in real time, as you see them coming down the ramp, via your cell phone. The event is open to everyone who can buy a ticket (top price: $100 for a VIP seat), democratizing the often elitist fashion-week modus operandi known around the globe. Obviously, the 22K+ girls who attended last week thought the same thing. Expect this trend to hit our shores soon (we hope!).
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017