Our boy Eskay peeped the reviews from MySpace and The Fader talking about the 808 & Heartbreak LP listening last night in Los Angeles. Folks are describing this record- Common started it- as ‘Ye’s Electric Circus. Hey man, I LIKED Electric Circus (<<“I Am Music” was my grandfather’s JAM). I believe in an artist’s freedom to be a weirdo if they like- I might not want to listen to it more than once but I respect ‘Ye’s drive to do something different. Still, if you’re totally against the vocoder- he’s got another album dropping in June apparently. Oh yeah- above ‘Ye performs “Love Lockdown” on Kimmel.
PS. you KNOW you liked Common’s “Come Close” ft Mary J Blige– guess what album? Electric Circus…
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016