I am so overcome I can barely type these words. When I heard Wolf Blitzer call the election for Obama at 11:01 EST, I could do nothing but drop to the floor and let the waterworks run. I am in awe of not just this man, but our capacity as a country to choose hope over fear. This signifies a shift that many people thought would never happen, and we are so blessed that it happened in our lifetime, just a generation away from the Civil Rights Movement. I canâ€™t even…
How are you feeling?
Last 5 posts by kenrya
- More Than Hair: How a Mom's Blowout Affected Her Daughter - March 15th, 2013
- No White Dolls Allowed: One Mom on Choosing Brown Dolls for Her Brown Girl - December 21st, 2012
- Why I'm Still Breastfeeding My One-Year-Old - August 8th, 2012
- My Family Never Thought I'd Have Kids, But I Did: Black + Green Mama - June 22nd, 2012
- 'Start It Up'!: Parlour Columnist Kenrya Rankin Tackles Teen — & Adult — Entrepreneurship - December 23rd, 2011