Wow. So I just praised Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich for supporting the displaced workers of Republic Windows and Doors in Chicago. Turns out, it was just a smokescreen: This fool was arrested this morning for attempting to sell or trade the U.S. Senate seat left vacant when Barack won the presidency. And if he couldn’t find a high enough bidder, he was just gonna appoint himself. Apparently, the Feds caught him on a wiretap saying, among other things, “[this seat is] a valuable thingâ€”you just don’t give it away for nothing.” I guess our lax privacy laws are good for something!
Last 5 posts by kenrya
- More Than Hair: How a Mom's Blowout Affected Her Daughter - March 15th, 2013
- No White Dolls Allowed: One Mom on Choosing Brown Dolls for Her Brown Girl - December 21st, 2012
- Why I'm Still Breastfeeding My One-Year-Old - August 8th, 2012
- My Family Never Thought I'd Have Kids, But I Did: Black + Green Mama - June 22nd, 2012
- 'Start It Up'!: Parlour Columnist Kenrya Rankin Tackles Teen — & Adult — Entrepreneurship - December 23rd, 2011