Ever since I wandered into the Alexis Bittar boutique here in NYC after a horrid workday and was instantly smitten by quite possibly the nicest staff in the city, I have been a major fan of Alexis’s pieces. An award-winning jewelry designer, he is based in NYC with a workshop in the DUMBO area in Brooklyn.
Known for his infamous Lucite collection, Bittar launched his own line after selling his wares on the streets of SoHo in the 1990’s.
^ Alexis Bittar
Considering that his pieces can be found on everyone from Alicia Keys to Madeleine Albright, and yes, me (i’m a celeb in my own world), Bittar is a success story that only New York can make. We’ve featured a few of his pieces in the past and look forward to see what is to come for Spring/Summer! In the meanwhile, I continue to stop in for some much needed retail therapy from time to time. Enjoy!
Check out the NYSD’s feature on him that takes you into his studio.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017