Not sure if you’ve been following this Facebook fiasco, but you know those “terms and conditions” you barely read but signed anyway when you joined the social network? Looks like the terms can be changed as Facebook sees fit and recently, the company got a bit big brother and declared that it was claiming everyone’s photos as their property to use in marketing however they saw fit, without compensating the person to whom the content belonged.
you: Hm…so you mean that drunk picture of me from last friday night where I (or, someone who looks alot like me…) was barfing in a toilet is up for grabs?
Facebook: Yes (mwahahahahaha!)
That was the status quo, until of course, people wrote in hate notes to Mark Zuckerberg, the creator of Facebook, who buckled and returned the “terms & conditions” to something a little less ominous.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016