If you live in, or have ever been to Brooklyn and rode the subway, chances are you have passed through the Atlantic Avenue/Pacific Street Station. It’s like our Grand Central Station, minus the chandeliers. In an effort to market itself to the thousands of commuters that pass through Atlantic Ave, as well as add some creative spark to the station, MoMA has taken over Atlantic Avenue, filling it with reproductions of over 50 pieces from it’s permanent collection.
For 24 hours a day, from February 10-March 15th, Atlantic Avenue will become a gallery oasis, hopefully making that morning rush a little better for the masses. A little Picasso and Jacob Lawrence at 8am or 8pm never hurt anyone. Check out the site for more images, video an audio tour and more information. Of course, the best way to get there is the subway!
Photos by Jeff Baxter & Pekoring (Flickr)
MoMA Atlantic Pacfic
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017