By now you guys know that I have a healthy love/hate relationship with the L Word and it’s lovely ladies. It’s the last season so hopefully they make a believer out of me, but just in case the magic fades, I will have something that I will love forever: Uh Huh Her. Named after a PJ Harvey b-side, Uh Huh Her is the LA-based electro-pop duo comprised of musician & actress Leisha Hailey (aka The L Word’s Alice Pieszecki) and producer/multi-instrumentalist Camila Grey.
Their sound takes on a lush, sultry vibe instead of your normal synth-heavy electro-sounds that tend to crowd the spectrum, and has an edginess that reminds me of the first time I heard and fell in love with Heart in the eighties. Peep their video for “Not A Love Song” off of their album, Common Reaction, below. Besides the great music, hair and eye-makeup, there is a unicornâ€”instant awesomeness. My fave tracks on Common Reaction?: “Common Reaction”, “Explode” and “Covered.” Discover for yourself!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017