I dunno if Gwyneth Paltrow should ever give anyone advice on how to be “hood”, but when asked about Joaquin Phoenix’s newly found career as a rapper, she had this to say: “I think that there might be some other explanation or something going on. I’m not quite sure what, but I can’t believe that he’s really going to quit [acting] forever to become a rapper…”
When asked what advice she has Phoenix, she replied, “Hmm … maybe to go live in the projects for a few years to get some authenticity, maybe.”
Umm yeah. I didn’t know that you absolutely had to live in the projects to be a rapper, but seeing how her and Jay-Z are so chummy and he represent Marcy Projects (Bed Stuy!) all day, maybe she felt comfortable enough to pass this gem?
Its Monday. Sigh.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017