So Time Inc. – one of the many struggling publishing houses – is introducing a magazine called “Mine” that will be like a customized Nike, if you will. The consumer can pick what articles they would like to read from eight mags so the printed magazine will somewhat be akin to an RSS feed- only instead of online, you have to wait 3-5 days for it to arrive. Anyway, the trial begins next month and Toyota is the only advertiser, which makes the magazine FREE, but only for the first 31,000 people. Weirdly, I guess the next 200,000 people get “Mine” free online.
Sign up here:Â http://www.timeinc.com/mine
Tell me how it turns out…think this will work to spark public interest in magazines again?
image via AP
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016