Don’t be fooled by the name ladies, I made this last night and not to create or keep any relationship. This chicken recipe is just tasty and efficient…and leaves enough well-seasoned leftovers for lunch the next day. The Neely’s, kinda like the Ashford & Simpson of the Food Network here in the US, made this recipe and I think I’m falling for them. LOL…The story goes that the wife, Gina, made this dish for the husband, Pat, when they were dating and after eating it, Pat decided Gina was irreplaceable. Be careful who you use this recipe on ladies- they might not want to leave…enjoy!
Get Yo’ Man Chicken!
Cook Time: 55 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs, skinless
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes in thick puree
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper
- Hot buttered rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken, meat-side down first, and turning once, about 4 minutes on each side. Don’t leave in much longer or the meat will dry out. Transfer to a plate to reserve.
Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the pan.
Add onion to the pan and saute until tender, roughly 3 minutes. Add the stock and wine and stir, scrapping any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Turn heat to high and reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and add the dried herbs and lemon pepper. Add the chicken thighs back into the pan.Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 40 minutes.
Remove chicken from liquid and serve on hot buttered rice. Ladle the sauce on top and garnish with fresh chopped parsley (I changed this to cilantro with great results).
image via Food Network
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016