Studying photography in college, I had many influences but only four idols: Gordon Parks, Chester Higgins, Carrie Mae Weems and Richard Avedon. While I’ve been lucky to meet Gordon (he rested his hand a little low on the hip when we took a photoâ€”I loved it, lol) and Weems, I never got a chance to meet the man behind some of the greatest images in fashion, Avedon. Luckily for me and other fashion-artnistas, the International Center for Photography, or ICP, in NYC is hosting a retrospective of some of his most beloved fashion images, often featuring a host of legendary names. The show, Avedon Fashion: 1944-2000 opens on May 15th and runs until September, so take your time, but don’t miss it.
ps, how hot is Nadja Auermann in this photo? I miss the supermodel era….sigh.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017