I remember having a conversation with one of my fave writers, dream hampton, and we were talking about the personalities of the artists in this thing we call music. She said something like ‘these artists have always been crazy, like dudes like Sam Cooke, he was a crazy muthafucka. It’s just what the public got to see was him all pulled together but back stage…’ I thought about it, and I had to agree with her, kinda like looking at Billie Holiday or Josephine Baker’s careers. Clearly, both of those chicks were off their rockers, but we love them anyway, don’t we. So in support of the crazy, here’s Sam Cooke for this week’s throwback, the Gospel singer-turned-secular sex god of the 1950s.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016