Whoa. In India, being a homosexual was illegal until now:
“The ruling on Thursday overturns a 148-year-old colonial law which describes a same-sex relationship as an “unnatural offence”……Homosexual acts were punishable by a 10-year prison sentence.”
Interesting, since this is the same country in which a dedicated religious festival for transsexuals attracts over 50,000 people each year. Consider Bollywood, Mumbai pride is going to be awesome.
Read more over at BBC.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017