This is the second installment of MAC’s Make-Up Art Cosmetics collection, in which the beloved cosmetics brand collaborate with three artists to create works of arts inspired by some of their beauty offerings for fall. As you can probably tell from the photo on the left, the products assigned to Marilyn Minter all have plenty of sparkle and drama: festive glitters and shimmering pigments in metallic hues (rust, copper, gold, etc.) and bold magenta, purple and plum hues.
From an artistic perspective, I find this to be the most compelling work out of the three â€” like, if this photo were hanging on my wall, my eyes would constantly gravitate to it, as I find it to be an astonishing example of how to perfectly manipulate color and light. In terms of the products though, I find that the glitter is quite messy (but then, when is glitter NOT messy, right?) and so I wouldn’t resort to it unless I was trying to create a really dramatic, Ziggy Stardust-esque look.
MAC Reflects Glitter in Copper (left) and Rust (right), $19.50. Visit MAC Cosmetics
MAC Glitter in Gold (left) and Fuchsia (right), $19.50. Visit MAC Cosmetics
Peep the rest at SickThanAverage.com!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017